Portable & Profitable: The Business and Practice of Successful Chair
Massage – 2 CE’s.
Special Elections Notice for First Vice President to be held Jan 9, 2018 during our regular meeting time.
This is a special OPEN election due to vacancy and it is not our regular election cycle at this time.
If anyone would like to step up and volunteer, please come to the meeting and place your name in the election
Veterans Memorial Center
400 S. Sykes Creek Pkwy
Merritt Island, FL 32952
Doors open at 530pm
Meeting begins at 6pm.
Portable and Profitable Chair Massage
This massage training teaches you how to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to give seated massage to your clients.It will prepare you to feel comfortable delivering professional chair massage. This course contains all the pertinent information to market to the corporate world for employees. In this continuing education course on chair massage, Teresa Matthews, will guide you from theory to practical application.
After completion of this CE course, you will be able to:
· Define chair massage
· Discuss the evolution of chair massage
· List benefits of offering chair massage
· Describe the components of a professional massage chair
· Describe the different types of face rest/cradle covers
· List sanitation supplies
· List items that can improve ambiance
· Discuss licensing, certification, insurance, and on-site permission
· List general benefits of massage
· List benefits of massage for employees
· List four benefits to employers
· List four benefits to event attendees
· List four benefits to event organizers
· Acquaint a client with the massage chair
· Demonstrate body stance
· Discuss techniques and concerns for working on clothed clients
· Perform a full-body chair massage
· Identify the major muscles associated with common complaints
· Perform massage techniques to alleviate headaches, neck pain, shoulder pain,
back pain, and carpal tunnel pain
· Market your services
· Determine how much to charge for your services
· Determine number of clients to be accommodated
· Determine whom to target your marketing
· Demonstrate mastery of a 10 minute and 15 minute session
Teresa M. Matthews, LMT, CPT, BCTMB
Health, Wellness & Fitness Professionals, Inc.
Jacksonville, FL (904) 476-4849 www.HWFP.org
National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork NCBTMB
Ambassador and Advocate for the Massage Therapy and Bodywork Profession